Ever wake up in a cold sweat after a dream about falling? You’re not alone! Falling dreams are one of the most common types of dreams, and they can be especially unsettling for millennials. After all, we’re already dealing with so much uncertainty and anxiety in our waking lives, the last thing we need is to be haunted by nightmares.
But there’s good news! Falling dreams can actually be a valuable source of insight into our subconscious thoughts and feelings. By understanding the meaning of our falling dreams, we can learn more about ourselves and how to cope with the challenges of our lives.
Meanings of falling in dreams
There are many possible interpretations of falling dreams, but some common themes include:
- Loss of control: Falling dreams can symbolize a feeling of losing control over our lives. This could be due to a major life change, such as a job loss or a breakup, or it could be due to smaller stressors, such as feeling overwhelmed at work or at home.
- Fear: Falling dreams can also be a manifestation of fear. This could be fear of failure, fear of rejection, or fear of death.
- Insecurity: Falling dreams can also be a sign of insecurity. You may be feeling inadequate or inferior in some way.
- Transition: Falling dreams can also represent a transition in our lives. This could be a major life change, like starting a new job or moving to a new city, or it could be a smaller change, like starting a new relationship or taking on a new challenge.
- Growth: Falling dreams can also be a sign of growth. You may be facing challenges in your waking life that are forcing you to grow and change.
What to do if you have dreams of falling
So if you’ve been having falling dreams, don’t despair! Here are a few tips on how to understand and interpret your dreams:
- Pay attention to the context of the dream: What were you doing before you fell? Where were you falling? Who was with you? These details can provide clues to the meaning of the dream.
- Think about your emotional reaction to the fall: Did you feel fear, excitement, or something else? Your emotional reaction can also provide insights into the meaning of the dream.
- Journal about your dreams: Writing about your dreams can help you to better understand them.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and meditation, can help to calm your mind and body before bed. This can make it less likely that you will have a falling dream.
Want to go deeper into your dreams about falling?
Download DreamMe, the dream interpretation app that reveals how you really feel.
Be guided by your inner voice